3. Crown Princess
My wife and I booked 10 days Med cruise from Rome to Barcelona starting April 28, 2018. Two years ago we did British Isles cruise on Caribbean Princess and were satisfied with food, staff, entertainment etc. But this time on Crown Princess things were not so good,though embarkation was fast and easy. I attached 2 tags to each suitcase to find out latter that one suitcase is not delivered to my cabin due to both missing tags. As soon as we had entered our cabin we discovered that cabin assigned for us by Princess, has in fact two additional bunk beds on the walls and as a result our double bed had restricted passageways on both sides. I immediately complained to customer service supervisor who has a smell of alcohol in his breath and he had assured in a rude manner that this is exactly what I booked, period. I also requested to be connected with Customer Relations but was told that ship doesn't have telephone connection with headquarters at the moment. Unfortunately I did not choose the cabin at the time of booking because Princess as a part of promotion package promised to upgrade the cabin location and had chosen cabin E516 for 4 persons (2 bunk beds) just above Crooner bar, so we can "enjoy" music till 11PM. Just to mention I had a major spinal cord surgery a year ago which made it difficult for me to go around 12" protruded Bunk bed. Whilst complaining about cabin, I found my luggage at the reception desk missing all two tags I attached to it?! The food and entertainment were below average. During mooring at Kotor Bay the ship was dragged by strong wind dangerously close to the shore and listed, hitting sea bottom. Local captain then helped to move ship away from shore and in Corfu divers checked the ship for possible problems. Fortunately we were able to make it to Barcelona. Waiting staff was mostly nice and helpful, cabin was cleaned regularly and on time. Front desk staff was helpful especially Odeth (Mexico) she tried to help us with our cabin problem but management apparently was not concerned at all. I did not take any shore excursions, I planned to take because Princess increased internet prices about 20 days before the cruise. It cost me much less for more to use local Salerno Ferris from Piazza Concordia to explore most of Amalfi Coast without problem. One with better mobility could even explore Sorrento as well. As to other ports of call we found another couple to share taxi rides/ personal excursions with us which was cost/time more effective. In terms of fitness the ship has very small area on upper level for running and walking, the other ships designed better, though one might walk at the Promenade area Deck 7.

Princess cruises lost their touch

Crown Princess Cruise Review by hooligan5

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)
hooligan5’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OZ e516
Cabin had 2 bunk beds on the side walls obstructing passageways on both sides of double bed, view was totally obstructed with plastic shroud. Cleanliness was not bad.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins