3. Viking Atla
I chose this cruise because it was a great itinerary at a good time of year. I was told there is an elevator on the boat because I cannot walk stairs. There is indeed an elevator but it does not go to the top deck which was how many times one had to go to to get off the ship, consequently I was not able to go on any of the included tours. To be fair in my revue, the boat itself was lovely, the food very good and the staff could not be better. They even put a chair for me in the shower. My wife who was able to go on the included tours told me they were very good and comprehensive. We spent two nights in Budapest which is a lovely city with a very interesting history. We were put up at a very fine hotel and a tour of Budapest was included but again on the tour no seat was held for me on the bus so I was not able to go. I think the staff was not totally aware of how to deal with the handicapped. I took a private tour thru the hotel which I enjoyed very much. In conclusion this is a great trip and a very fine cruise line so long as you are in good shape

Great boat, very good food, great staff, not handicapped friendly

Viking Atla Cruise Review by Maxwell382

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom
I chose this cruise because it was a great itinerary at a good time of year.

I was told there is an elevator on the boat because I cannot walk stairs.

I took a private tour thru the hotel which I enjoyed very much.

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Thank you, Maxwell382, for your kind recognition of our dining selections and hardworking staff. It is pleasing to know that, overall, your time aboard Viking Atla was enchanting despite the difficulties you have described. Your constructive feedback on accommodations for guests with limited mobility is valuable as it allows us to improve our offerings for future cruisers. Should you be interested in discussing your experience further, Maxwell382, please know that we would be happy to receive your comments at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. We appreciate this opportunity to respond, and wish you a lovely day.
Maxwell382’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Atla price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 201
Clean, comfortable and roomy.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins