• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

travels with grammy
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

This was my fourth cruise with NCL. I was looking for a longer trip, and the 18-day itinerary had a good variety of places I wanted to visit, including the ports of Seattle and San Francisco where I had family to visit, Costa Rica and Acapulco which were on my bucket list, and familiar old haunts like Miami and Port Canaveral. The day we spent going through the Panama Canal was both educational and interesting. We covered a lot of territory with delightful days at sea full of fun and exciting entertainment and delicious food. We booked shore excursions with NCL and had very positive experiences. The NCL Sun is in ship shape, and immaculately clean. The staff, with very few exceptions, is friendly to a fault. They really do feel like family, my home away from home. A highlight of sea days was meeting with the Knitters and Stitchers and making new friends with some lovely ladies that are sure to be lifelong friends. I've already booked my next cruise, to Hawaii, for 2019. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars, is because there was such a long delay embarking. That was the first and hopefully last time that will happen.

Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin BA

Very comfortable. The hairdryer was broken, but was repaired before I got back to my stateroom that day.

Port Reviews

San Francisco

We met our son at Fisherman's Wharf, a short walk from the ship. Had a wonderful time, and ate at the famous Hard Rock Cafe.

Seattle

I grew up in the Seattle area, so a tour was not needed. We stayed with family the night before. So for me, starting from Seattle was a win-win.

2 Helpful Votes