3. Mariner of the Seas
Firstly I know this ship has just gone in for a six week refurbishment. That being said having cruised with Royal many times ( Diamond Plus) I found myself constantly defending their policy’s but I can’t defend the indefensible. When will they stop this nickel and dime policy, over priced tours ,menus unchanged in years,shows that boarder on children’s party level. I take no pleasure in saying that. The ship was clean but looked tired ,we had work men on board during the cruise dismantling venues a very poor impression given to first time cruisers. The ice show repeated at least nine times during our 28 night voyage,trivia’s repeated three to four times. The staff on the whole work very hard and polite. The ship is in dry dock and needs this overhaul. We had a inside cabin on deck 6 in was fine clean ,quiet and everything worked well. We mostly dined in the dining room at night the service was good and the food of a good quality. Dining room lunch was our favourite meal of the day good choice. The entertainment was in my opinion poor as I have said some shows children’s party level but we did enjoy a Beatles tribute and violin player . We took two tours from the ship in Phuket and in Cochin both were fine and weren’t expensive.We then took a private tour to Petra in Jordan which worked out at just over half the price of the ships tour and featured more sights.

I never thought I would write a bad review but...

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Lasvegas9

I take no pleasure in saying that.

The ship is in dry dock and needs this overhaul.

Lasvegas9’s Full Rating Summary