3. Norwegian Dawn
This was my third NCL cruise, but first in ten years. I was surprised at the condition of the ship. OLD and TIRED décor. Carpet is worn. I found mold in the shower and in the bathroom. The toilet smelled every day and backed up at least twice during our week long cruise. Some of the crew are friendly.. most are not happy. The most significant difference from 10 years ago is that NO ONE smiles anymore. The waiter approached our table and said "yes?"...I said "yes, what?" he said "what do you want to eat?" Excuse me? Then an evening at the casino...oh my. I forgot you are in UNREGULATED WATERS, so when the payouts in blackjack were not correctly made and guests became upset.. the casino manager, MARY asked the table to leave. Are you kidding? She wanted our room numbers, why?? They document your every move in a database. This is true. You can play in the casino and when they ask for your room key..say "I prefer to just play and not give you my key"

OLD TIRED SHIP...UNHAPPY CREW