3. Carnival Triumph
Just got off the Triumph this morning. She is a very nice ship with lots of things to do. This is my third cruise, second with Carnival, and I must say that this cruise will be just memorable. Jorge, the cruise director, is probably the best cruise director I have ever had onboard a ship. Very very funny and full of energy. We booked a guarantee interior room and got an interior category 4J but the room has full size window overlooking the bow of the ship. We were located directly below the bridge. The rooms were very good in size and gave ample storage space with lots of hangers. VERY GOOD ROOM FOR THE MONEY!

The food was hit or miss. It was either really really good or just okay. The selections are average from my past cruises. 24 hour ice cream/pizza is a nice perk we used often. Pizza is nothing to get excited about. It was often cold and not very good. The dining room staff was good as usual and the South Beach Restaurant food was not really as good as past cruises. Not very many selections and never really varied the desserts from day to day.

The ship itself is very big. It has a Seaside Theater on the Lido Deck, 9 hole mini golf course, basketball court, running track, gym.....the list goes on. There are 12 elevators on the ship for fast access. The ship is very difficult to get around on. The layout is very poor for accessibility. Be open minded when getting around. I did figure it out about the 3rd day of the cruise. The ship had a sewage smell on most decks after about day 5 that could make you nauseated. Overall, the cruise was a good cruise. It had its few problems, but what cruises don't? I would sail on her again in the future. Staff was exceptional on entertaining.

Good....but could be better!

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by pilotwings

• Sail Date: January 2010
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

pilotwings’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)
Cabin 4J 6201
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Freeport
    I gave this a low rating due to the fact that in order to get to anything from the ship you have to pay to get to the entertainment. Nothing is free in Freeport! Access to Freeport is difficult from the port simply because of the requirement to pay to see. I thought this was kind of a bad plan for Freeport because you would think they would want our business by providing free transportation. If you plan of visiting Freeport for shopping and nothing else, I would not recommend this port of call unless you want to pay to see shops. The cab fares were very expensive also. Around 20.00 I think. Definitely would plan an excursion here if you want to see any of freeport at all.

View All 1,232 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Key West
    If you have ever been to Cozumel or Gatlinburg then you have a taste of what Key West is like. We did the Conch Train/Trolley Tour. We really enjoyed that. It was worth the money we spent. It was 29.00 per person if you don't do it through Carnival. It took about 1.5 hours and very informative history of Key West that I would have never known otherwise. Lots of shops for shopping. We could have spent all day just shopping.

View All 1,451 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    Nassau has lots to do. Most popular is the Atlantis Attractions. The shopping options are very broad. The attractions here are also only reachable by taxi that is usually at your own expense and very expensive. Make sure you know before you take a cab ride the total amount. They will try to sock it to you if you don't. The theft is very high in Nassau and the shops are expensive but they are willing to barter with you. Overall, we had a great time at this port. I would recommend this port to everyone because there is something for everyone.

View All 5,279 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews