Island Escape Cruise Review

Disgruntled or what.

Island Escape Cruise Review by Glenn Hall

• Sail Date: Jan 2010
  • Destination: Canary Islands

I had read the reviews for Island Escape & thought they were probably just a few people having a moan for no reason, WRONG, I know its a budget cruise ship but my moan is about the food never being hot, half pint glasses not being half a pint, excursions not correctly advertised, grossly overpriced & the company saying they don't get any commission. To explain the above, the food was always just warm and the vegetables tasteless. I found that I could fit my half pint glass inside my brothers half pint glass & when I showed the waiter he just laughed. I am sure weights & measures would be interested in this. Finally,we paid £36.00 each to go to "Paradise Valley" in Agadir, Morocco which consisted of a 30 mile ride in a minibus followed by a walk down a track through a few derelict huts which turned out to be village dwellings, through a field and back onto the road constantly followed by children begging and a "breakfast" which consisted of a glass of mint tea, a piece of what was similar to nan bread and a few saucers of different dishes ie honey, peanut butter and a couple of other things. Then we were given a small bottle of mineral water,a bag with 6 dates,& a handful of almonds in & returned to the ship. The ships talk for this trip was so misleading I feel that we have been taken for complete mugs. The crew as always were always cheerful and helpful.

Glenn Hall's Full Rating Summary

Las Palmas (Gran Canaria)

The island of La Palma & its port town was just a main street with a few shops, the main road along the seafront had a couple of restaurants and shops and that was it.

Lanzarote

Arecife was too far away to walk so we had to pay for the shuttle bus and walk to the town which was not worth the effort.

Madeira (Funchal)

This place has plenty to offer and I have no complaints.

Tenerife

The only problem here is this is the beginning & end of the cruise and you don't get a chance to go ashore as there isn't time. Cut out Agadire & spend a day here instead.

Glenn Hall