3. Viking Sea
Cruise #18 for us and the first with Viking. Barcelona to Stockholm with 11 ports along the way. How do I begin this review, only one way I feel.... Fantastic and undoubtedly our cruise line in future. We have already booked a second this year namely Passage to India - from Greece, to Egypt ,to Oman and India via the Suez Canal. From our very first contact with Vikings Justin Hatcher in your Sydney office to the officers and staff of the Viking Sea we have nothing but praise. The attitude all along the way from inception to completion was one of "Nothing is too much trouble" With shore excursions included in the deal, along with options should you wish to change your visit, the organisation was superb. Coaches and cabs at the ready at each and every port. Our Captain Mikael Hilder was always accessible and willing to participate in discussion with any passenger that had a query. From the Captain and his senior officers to the cooks, the wait staff and our room attendants, everyone we encountered seemed to enjoy being on board and part of this cruise ship and line. I must mention the entertainment from the resident classical pianist Eva (who was not only gorgeous) but a very accomplished pianist, to the trio and guitarist along with the singers and dancers made our trip so much more enjoyable. We met some new friends along with a couple of Aussies that lived in the next suburb to ours. Finally let me praise the restaurants. Manfridi's steak is most probably the best I have ever eaten in my life, The Restaurant on more than one occasion served whole lobster that simply melted in our mouths and the Chefs Table was a different experience for us altogether with mouth watering dishes. Wines and/or beer was available at any dining situation also included. We did eat also at The World Cafe, Sports Bar and had High Tea in the Wintergarden. All in all this cruise will live with us for a long time with many highlights but the main one being St Petersburg. If you are only thinking about cruising PLEASE do it and call Viking.... You will not be disappointed.

Barcelona, The Baltic and Beyond

Viking Sea Cruise Review by smudge452

smudge452’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

Our cabin was everything we thought it would be with one small exception. Not enough drawers, but this was overcome by opening our suitcases under the bed so all good. Our cabin steward Eka from Bali was fantastic along with others that refilled the mini bar each day. We did have a problem with the toilet seat and that was replaced withing 15 minutes of notification with a new one..