3. Koningsdam
We started our 10 day Mediterranean Dream cruise in Rome with the Signature Experience. The hotel we were booked in was nice, rooms a good size, with AC and nice baths. A roof top bar was an added bonus. The evening event was nice, not spectacular, but if you had not seen the coliseum before this was an easy way to do it. Cocktails on the balcony at the House Of Rhoads was a lovely sunset. Pick up at the airport and at the hotel was so easy and smooth. Embarkation was a breeze, and shortly after being dropped off at the port we were boarding the ship. This cruise didn't make as big a deal of boarding as other ships we have been on, ie passed champagne music etc. Our luggage was quickly delivered to our suite. We upgraded at the last minute to a Neptune Suite and loved it. The space, the layout, the bath especially and the wrap balcony we had. It afforded us great views almost daily in and out of ports. This was a port intensive trip, a sea day in the middle would have been better. We were worn out after days of tours. Each port was great, each country beautiful. The ship was lovely throughout. The crew super friendly. I felt the dining venues should keep later hours, there were times I waited till something else opened to eat dinner. We are use to late dining. I loved the loungers on the deck above the pool, ideal for napping and reading and watching the nightly movie and snacking on pizza if you chose. Ages on the ship were varied more than I have seen on other HAL ships. It was a very nice mix.

Living the Dream

Koningsdam Cruise Review by SouthernLadyinLA

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Suite with Verandah

Pick up at the airport and at the hotel was so easy and smooth.

The ship was lovely throughout. The crew super friendly.

SouthernLadyinLA’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Neptune Suite with Verandah
Cabin SB 8184
The cabin was awesome. I am forever spoiled. The space was great, the movies offered in room were wonderful. I caught up on movies late at night and loved it. We had dinner for 4 served in the cabin one night. We found the balcony to be too breezy and moved it all inside the cabin. The king bed was heavenly, I would take the mattress home with me.
The bath with jetted tub and double vanities and lots of cabinet and drawer space was perfect.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins