3. Royal Princess
Embarkation was fast and efficient. Upon arrival in our room, I usually do a spray of Lysol that I bring with. I opened drawers and found a week old newspaper along with a couple of pills. There were several hairs on the desk chair and on the bed. After I sprayed the top of the desk, I wiped it off with several tissues. It was dirty! I spayed and wiped again and it was clean. Not a way to start to settle in our room. BUT after that our room steward was very good and did a great job but not a good start. The one issue that we have had on the past few cruises is the food. After 35+ cruises on Princess, food in the MDR is starting to feel average. We were used to a good variety most nights but were disappointed. Instead we chose to eat at Alfredos or Horizon Court some of the nights. My go to was always Fettuccine Alfredo but each time I ordered it, it was almost runny and watery - not what I remembered when it was served in a lattice bowl. Our breakfast place to eat every morning except 2 was Horizon Terrace. It has been our place for breakfast on most of our cruises. Two service gals were always on top knowing what we wanted for drinks. And we have also enjoyed the food at the International Cafe. Several times we took our food up to Horizon Terrace for a nice lunch. Exchanged our small liquors in our room for beer, water and soda. That is a nice feature that Princess offers. Feel that Tian Jiang was the best Princess Theater program offered - EVER! He was an amazing pianist. The singer/dancer shows are good but after awhile they all sound the same - and are WAY WAY too loud. I have said every time "We are not all hard of hearing." I wondered how I would feel with 4 days at sea but it was very relaxing and pleasant. Of course the weather was good and the ocean was pretty calm during the day. Did have one night of the ship moaning and groaning and creaking due to weather. Sent a brand new pair of pants to dry cleaning but they came back about 2 inches too short and unable to pull up. Slip said "dry clean" but think it was washed and put in a dryer. Main Customer Service gentlemen did compensate the cost of the pants on our bill. \Tours were always interesting except the day in Balboa was not as explained by the tour desk. Time in the Guggenheim and way too long. We were told there would be more time in the old city too. But all in all, the tours were good. All in all we have always enjoyed the Royal but the biggest disappointment was the fact that we couldn't get in the port of La Havre France due to high winds. And that was THE reason my husband wanted to go on this cruise for a one day tour of Normandy. Have been on other cruises where we haven't been able to get into port but THIS was the big disappointment for him.

Enjoyable Transatlantic Cruise