Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by CindyCHCS

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside

I choose this cruise for the itinerary. Next time I might choose based on the ship itself reviews. NCL Spirit provided everything as a cruise ship does but it lacks the bells and whistles. It is dated and you can see the age, the decor is lacking. Buckles in the carpet, general wear and tear through out the ship. Our cabin room was musty, I lost my voice due to the dampness. The shower needed recaulking. The staff and crew were friendly and great! Cruise director was great, Encore was great! All the shows were great! I'd consider it again if the itinerary was perfect once more! The dining food flavors seem to run all together eventually. The desserts were never anything special. Pound cake/brownies made into 10 different desserts. Unless dancing or shows, there didnt seem to be alot of crowd participation. All in all, it was a good and memorable cruise. I do not feel anything was wasted or have any regrets.

CindyCHCS's Full Rating Summary

Family Inside
Cabin I2 9551

This was a nice size room. Slightly larger than most others. The room ran horizontal where the others were vertical. Definitely dated. The shower needed caulking. General wear and tear. Musty smell, didnt hit until a couple days in, I lost my voice. Our room attendant, Mark, kindly suggested to us to get more fresh air due to poor room circulation. I might consider a balcony next time. There was a nice wall space to set our luggage out of the way.

Closet, safe, and four drawers. The room had a third fold down twin size bed. It was out of our way.

Acropolis

Wonderful guide. Talked the whole time giving history and tips. Lots of walking.

View All 390 Acropolis Reviews
Santorini

Spend the day on our own. Got a private driver and he took us to all the island attractions for us to take pictures. Beautiful island. Rode the lift up, walked down 600 steps due to long lines!

City Tour

Gorgeous village. Excellent guide.

View All 101 City Tour Reviews
Mount Etna

Excellent guide. Mt Edna was fantastic! It was a beautiful day, the wind was really blowing up there!

View All 91 Mount Etna Reviews
Amalfi Coast

Excellent guide. Also provided a meal. Beautiful views!

View All 284 Amalfi Coast Reviews
Pompeii Walking Tour

Awesome, guide painted a beautiful vocal picture for us. Very informative!

View All 505 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
Positano Walking Tour

Gorgeous village! Beautiful views. Stopped at cameo show room, lemoncello factory.

View All 20 Positano Walking Tour Reviews
Sorrento

Beautiful village, had us walk to the beach and take a picture.

View All 165 Sorrento Reviews
Rhodes

Spent the day on our own. Easy walking, lots of historic buildings, shops and eating.

Mykonos

Spent the day on our own. No excursion needed. Wonderful place to walk around, beach area, shopping and eating.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Experienced Rome on our own prior to boarding our ship.

CindyCHCS