3. Norwegian Bliss
I’ve taken out on inaugural trips the latest Norwegian ships since the Epic, so Bliss was the latest. Having sailed Escape in 2015 I was familiar with the core layout and so concentrated on what is different for this ship. The bad points first (then we will get to the good points). No Moderno ☹️. My favourite restaurant in the fleet has been replaced by a Mexican which I didn’t fancy. Moreover not many others did, everytime I went by it it was near empty! New Cagneys menu. No baked potato Soup?!!! Or Oreo cheesecake . Also they have increased the prices so the larger filet is now over the $20 platinum limit (you can pay the upcharge if needed) Non theatre ents: lacking. No white hot / glow party. The caliante? Party was a bit of a flop, maybe better in warmer weather as a deck party but not in Alaska so not sure how that works. The skyline bar has now been swallowed up by the Casino and no longer the night venue. Instead the comedy club social doubled up as a half decent if sometimes cramped nightclub venue. No Howl at the moon either! The bar ents sang the same songs and the Beatles were the worst tribute act I’ve ever heard (and can’t unhear). There was another band that played in the Cavern which were half decent if you could get a seat. The Good points: The headline shows Havana and Jersey Boys we’re both great! I was a bit suspect as Jersey Boys out of my age range but sat through the 1hr 45mins clapping and tapping away. Havana was also a hit. The guest ents like tenors of rock were also great acts. Go-kart racing- was a lot more exciting than I thought it would be and well worth the $7 charge. Similarly the laser tag at $5 was a youthful blast from the past. Smokehouse venue, much better use of this venue and a late night bar. The food was really good and first time I’ve failed to finish a portion! All dining services were great, the crew were all great. The Brewhouse had loads of beers And lasted a lot longer than on Escape with some guest ales from Canada being added when we reached Halifax. Embarkation and disembarkation were fine, although we were at only about 50% capacity I had a trip into the Haven and it looks fantastic! The observation lounge was a bit hit and miss. It’s big, the bars at the very front, the toilets and the very back .. the walk in between at some stage resembled a cross between a retirement home and an inside sun deck with people sprawled out over sofas and yes some even had towels on the Chaisse long in the morning! The Internet when it was working was fastest I’ve had on any of the fleet and was able to stream live video from the ship during several events. Now if only they could bring back howl of the moon, white hot party and sort out a better night venue (smokehouse would have been better in my opinion) oh and Moderno it would have got 5* but can only give it 4*.

Wonderful New Flag Ship for NCL

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Single Cruiser

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview with Large Picture Window

The bad points first (then we will get to the good points).

The Good points:

The guest ents like tenors of rock were also great acts.

I had a trip into the Haven and it looks fantastic!

Single Cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Oceanview with Large Picture Window
Cabin OA 13100.
The cabin was directly below the bridge and so forward facing. It offered some great views. The cabin is more spacious than a standard inside.
Like most ships though no kettle or drinks facilities below balcony grade in cabin. Also they seem to have removed all the drawers. Absolutely no drawer space inside the cabin!
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins