Grand Celebration Cruise Review

Still an Amazing Ship

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by pinkie60

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas

This was my fifth cruise aboard the Grand Celebration. This was a reunion with my cousin whom I havent seen in 14 years and my sister. We booked Concierge Deck level 11. There is nothing bad about this ship. Its been in our port for 3-4 years and has only gotten better over the years. Its the cleanest ship I have ever been on. Aside from the fact that the weather was perfect and its was a family reunion of sorts, here are my highlights. They walk you on to the ship, they ask you about what dinner times you want and they take careof everything. You are given a phone number and if you need something, its taken care of by the concierge. We were given a tour of the bridge and it was informative and fun. They also serve drinks and fancy finger foods on the tour. Because I have been to Freeport a million times I had no desire to get off the ship. The ship was my destination. So we took a leisurely breakfast In the Admiralty Club and then sat by the pool. We then caught a movie waiting for the casino to open at 3:00 and that is when the real fun begins. The casino was amazing. We saw a woman win $4,000 and I won $840. We bought all the pictures they took of us. The photographer was great. Dinner was always good and cooked perfectly. I live in Palm Beach County and I’m so happy this cruiseline is here. I am a caregiver for my husband who has Alzheimers. I love cruising and he cannot come with me. So for me a 2 day cruise is perfect. This ship is my home away from home and it helps me keep my sanity under my circumstances. With all that said there are different levels of this ship and everyone seems happy and enjoying themselves. Great job again Bahamas Paradise. The only criticism I have that the liitle market place where Senor Frogs is should be open all the the time the Bahamas Paradise cruise ships. It doesn’t seem fair that it would be closed because Bahamas Paradise always has a ship in port. My only beef and that should be negotiated with the Freeport Grand Bahama Island government.

pinkie60's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Concierge V1

Beautiful and clean. My only criticism is that the whirlpool tubs are dangerous to get in and out of. My recommendation would be on her next dry dock that they pull the tubs out and put in some nice shower stalls. Love being on the balcony. Our cabin steward was wonderful.

pinkie60