Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review
2,145 Reviews

Freestyling might be my new way to go!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by djwood18

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Inside

My wife and I were cruising for my 40th birthday and loved the itinerary for this cruise. Nine ports in ten days and lots of time (in great places might I add) on shore to enjoy.

Having been on a handful of other cruises I can say that the team on the Norwegian Spirit definitely stepped up and showed off. From the cabin staff to entertainment team and dining room servers (Bariane in the Windows Dining Room might be the best server we've had anywhere...requested him three times!) everyone was out to make sure that we had an amazing cruise.

Really love the "Freestyle" concept with Norwegian's dining. In past cruises it was always such a pain to have to plan the entire evening around whatever our dinner time was. Loved that we could simply go eat when we wanted where we wanted for dinner...and never had more than a minute or two wait!

The itinerary hit many of the great locations across Greece and Italy that are can't miss (Mykonos, Naples/Pompeii, Athens and more...and then in and out of Rome certainly didn't hurt).

Positives: The staff was amazing across the board, food and food staff was great, lots of entertainment options to choose from, itinerary was excellent

Negatives: Maintenance staff decided that 1a was a great time to take a reciprocating saw to pipes behind the walls on our floor (not cool), don't understand their policy for not allowing outside food to be brought on board (packaged or otherwise). Wife and I to force down a cannoli each that we bought just before getting on the ship and were hoping to eat later that evening as a snack...despite seeing another guest bringing on a whole pizza and wrapped cannolis when we were getting off the ship. Also would have liked to buy some pre-packaged pasta at a few of the Italian ports to bring home, but got pretty gun shy after the above incident.

The two negatives above were by far outweighed by all of the other positive experiences that we had with the cruise and the cruise staff. Norwegian's team and Freestyling has moved them to the top of my list for future cruising!

djwood18's Full Rating Summary

Inside
Cabin ID 10515

About was I expected for an inside, inexpensive cabin. Would have liked to have a little bit more storage space available. As it was had to stuff our luggage next to the bed and only had four small drawers and a few shelves for all the rest of our clothes, shoes, etc.

Bed was more comfortable than I expected and staff brought extra pillows promptly when they were requested.

djwood18