National Geographic Endeavour II Cruise Review

Penguin Mania

National Geographic Endeavour II Cruise Review by wibagoff

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: Galapagos

My trip highlight was swimming side by side with a Penguin. The adrenalin was rushing as I found myself swimming competitively to keep up with a feeding penguin.

It was a bonus to add a pre-trip to Mashpi with the Galapagos trip. It completed our Ecuadorian adventure from cloud forest to islands.

The onboard dining experience was excellent. They walked me personally thru every meal to assure me what I could choose as gluten free.

The daily onboard and offboard activities were planned to perfection and the guides / photo instructors added value with their knowledge to point out things that would have been easily missed.

The local guides added value and expertise to the experience. It was also a plus to have Sven Lindblad and his mother on the trip and to know that they genuinely care about their customer's experience and supporting populations in the areas where they offer expeditions. Their interest in helping maintain and restore the local culture and ecology is outstanding and speaks well for the company. To see and hear them in person confirmed to us that we picked the right company to tour with.

Look for us on future expeditions. We're already looking ahead and making plans.

wibagoff's Full Rating Summary

Cabin reception level 201

Anchor noise was irritating when trying to sleep. We weren't aware this would be an issue when booking this cabin.

wibagoff