Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by wulfie

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Promenade View Interior

This was a honeymoon cruise for me, My 14 th cruise, my new wife's first. She was thrilled, I was greatly disappointed. This large ship experience was very lacking when compared to any other cruise I had taken On Royal, Carnival or Holland. The staff, especially those around the pool were terrible compared to my past experiences. They did their job but that was about it. The cruise director was not seen the whole cruise. Live music by the pool stunk, and nobody to get the crowd involved in fun like dancing or pool games. Windjammer breakfast was cold. Even the towel animals in the room were not what I was used to. Happily my new wife was impressed as she had never cruised before. It seems that since they are now automatically charging your account for gratuities the staff does not not to please anymore. I will never cruise a large ship again and will probably consider other cruise lines instead of my previous favorite of RCCL.

wulfie's Full Rating Summary

Promenade View Interior
Cabin 1T 7199

Cabin was the normal interior but with a window over Royal Prominade. There must have been a bar or something over top of us because it sounded like someone was dragging chairs across the floor most of the night.

Labadee

This one time sleepy comfortable island like stop has become very built up and commercialized. Zip lines and such are way over priced.

No description of traveling to Montego bay by bus. At tour departure time we were told the tour had been changed. There would be no beach time but that Margaritaville had some water toys which my wife or myself are not able to use. They substituted a buffet. Snorkel reef was not very good. You had to wear a swim float so you can not dive. Boat staff did create some fun on board. 2 souvenirs drinks cost us 46 dollars at Margaritaville.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Cozumel

Be vary cautious shopping on shore, the locals will lie like crazy to you. We almost got taken at Silver by the sea who said they were Royal Caribbean endorsed and they were not. Be careful when they start giving you free tequila.

wulfie