3. Vision of the Seas
My parents invited my husband and I to take this transatlantic cruise with them. This was the 4th cruise we had been on and the first transatlantic. Like the first cruise on Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas back in 2010, the Vision was a fabulous experience. While a smaller (and older) ship, it was pristine and immaculate and the layout was great. Easy to get around, lots happening everywhere (you could not get bored on this ship!), and outstanding service. I have to admit that when I saw the ship docked in Galveston, I thought "oh my, this looks old and outdated" as we had been on the Coral Princess about 5 years ago (to Panama) and that ship was the same age as Vision, but it was horribly run-down and smelled awful (mold, wet shower curtain) in the hallways and staterooms). But once we boarded the Vision, we saw this was a beautiful ship, our room (standard with balcony) was clean and sparkling, and the common areas were all updated and well maintained. The food was not as good as I recall on the Voyager, but better than Princess (besides the Coral Princess in 2015, we have been on the Emerald Princess back in 2011). The Windjammer Buffet was great - many healthy options and wide variety. The dining room was mostly quite good but a few items were sub-par (cuts of meat quality in particular). Dining room staff was outstanding and bent over backwards to make sure we were happy, same for our stateroom attendant. All in all, this is a good size ship (2,000) and I would definitely recommend for an older clientele - not much for children here but definitely caters to the older (75+) crowd. Note that I gave a "3" for entertainment. The reason is that I'm 56 years old and one of the youngest on board - the entertainment (shows, music venues) was definitely geared toward the 75+ age group with ballroom dancing, classical music, and lots of Frank Sinatra. Not my cup of tea, but the majority of passengers loved it, so if you like that type of entertainment, this ship is for you. I also want to give kudos to the Cruise Director's staff. Cruise Director Steve Davis was the BEST - a true performer and "people person" all round. His Activities Manager Talita was also fabulous, along with Stephanie and Jakob. They were all very visible and engaged with the passengers throughout the entire cruise (like on the Voyager but unlike Princess, where you never knew who the cruise director was or even saw him/her). Quite an obvious difference in the way this position/department is viewed by Royal Carribbean v. Princess.

Beautiful ship with lots to do

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Barndog9

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Barndog9’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4B 7568
Clean, great location. Loved our stateroom attendant, Caswyn Gibson - he deserves a Gold Star!
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins