3. Adventure of the Seas
Chose this cruise primarily for it's itinerary and for it's cost. This was my first time on Royal Caribbean, having cruised previously on Princess and Norwegian. Decided this would be fun and younger crowd, good since I was traveling with a friend on a girls trip and we're in our late 20's. The boat was very disappointing to me. It's an older boat by cruise ship standards and was definitely showing its age. The boat was clean however and it did offer great amenities. Embarkation in San Juan was a nightmare and the longest boarding process I've had by far, despite our "priority boarding" passes. Baggage was handled by a third party and they were very disorganized. Given the option I would have carried my own bags on board for fear of them not making it. Service on the board overall was good. Our room steward was excellent and most dining servers were very attentive. Beverage servers around the boat were not very personable and either came by every minute or every hour. The food all around was very disappointing and the specialty dining restaurants were not anything special, just a welcome relief from the main dining room. We were usually too tired for many evening activities, but there were a couple good comedians on board and the shows were on par with other cruise ship shows I've seen... Certainly not taking advantage of the talent of their performers. The spa was a little disappointing and certainly not the luxurious experience you would expect, especially for how much you pay. We went for massages and the therapists were fine, but the tables were tiny (I'm 5' and 110 lbs and felt like I was going to fall off!), so it was difficult to relax. We originally planned on getting multiple treatments, but after the first we decided to save our money and not go back. The excursions were okay. It seemed like they're were many options, but they were pretty much all the same thing, depending on the port. We enjoyed St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and Curacao, but unfortunately our stop in Aruba was cancelled due to high winds. It seems that this is not a rare occurrence and it is frustrating they don't have a plan B for this situation. Our room attendant was the only one who seemed to genuinely feel bad for us missing out and we were extremely disappointed because we were looking forward to that being the highlight of the trip.

Cruise with great itinerary

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by MBeav

MBeav’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 7362
Our room was a good size, what you would expect for that type room, with plenty of storage. The room probably hadn't been renovated since the boat was built, so the carpet gave the room a little funky of a smell, but you got used to it. Comfy sofa and spacious vanity were nice and having that extra space makes such a difference. Plenty of room in the closet and drawers. Bathroom was dated but clean. Good lighting in the rooms, love the reading lights and switches by the beds. Small, but big enough TV since we maybe watched it once. Balcony was good, furniture was fine, door was a pain in the rear to use.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Curacao
    Booked this tour after our first several choices weren't available. Tour was fine, nothing exciting. Didn't get to see any nice parts of the island.
    View All 13,167 Curacao Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Curacao Cruise Port Review
  • Zip-lining
    Lengthy process of getting ready only to be rushed through the course without being able to enjoy it or watch others in the group go. Guides were okay but other staff not especially friendly. Locals all around looking to con tourists.
    View All 60 Zip-lining Reviews
  • Schooner Tour
    Crew was great, but we were on a catamaran, not a schooner (had I known, I wouldn't have booked it) and we did not go to the snorkeling site we were supposed to (without any explanation as to why).
    View All 25 Schooner Tour Reviews