• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

mjcopes
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin: Ocean View

This was our first cruise and people recommended RCI. We chose the Jewel of the Seas because of the ports of call. The embarkation and and disembarkation went so smoothly! It was impressive. We landed in San Juan at 1:30 and were on board eating lunch at 3. On the way back our meeting time for disembarkation was 8:30 and we were at the airport at 9:10. There were so many activities on board and it really seemed like the crew and staff genuinely wanted everyone to have a good time. The food was outstanding and a lot of variety and options. The service was better than any other service I have ever received. Everyone made a point of knowing our names and calling us by name! There were a lot of upselling emails before we departed about beverage and food plans that had me concerned about what food and beverages would be free. We didn’t chose any food packages and we were very satisfied with the food and beverage choices. I wish I had spent more time researching things to do in each port; I had read that shore excursions were sometimes too expensive but I ran out of time to research them on my own so we just explored each port on our own - which was nice and relaxing not to be on a tight schedule. We are already planning our next cruise.

Ocean View

Cabin 8N

I’m not sure of the category but this was a great location. Two doors from the Centrum; same floor as main dinging room. Close to shore excursions and guest services. And cafe lattetudes.

Find a Jewel of the Seas Cruise from $368