3. Carnival Sunshine
We chose this particular cruise because we like sea days and it was a nice 8 night trip to Aruba and back with stops in Curacao, and Grand Turk. First the shows--okay not a lot of sets, but AMAZING back screen technology which at times were actually stunning. major shows were Motown tribute, 70's, and Rock. At times a little too loud for my tastes and the sound tech should lower a couple of the performers mics as they distorted their voices. Otherwise, high energy, lots of costumes, and if you can it sit there without your feet tapping during the Rock show, there may be no blood running in your system. Yes, I gave that one a standing ovation and I am 70 ! But if you looking for Broadway or softer sounds, then you will be disappointed. Can not understand the low reviews on the food. Lots to choose from...but warning the main dining room only offers a couple of special choices on nights other the elegant night (2 of them). But one elegant night did include lobster and the other a petit filet and rib combo which was cooked medium rare perfectly and was tender and juicy. The other nights we did the buffet which offered great selections that changed every night. For lunch there not only is the main buffet on deck 9 and a mini buffet in the Ocean Plaza on deck 5..choices as good as the evening. Then there are two other locations outside : one severing Mexican ( I got chicken burritos) and another featuring freshly cooked burgers and seasoned fries...both delicious. Then add fresh baked pizzas and a deli...I thought it was top notch. The staff was smiling, friendly and were clearing plates quite rapidly. The staff in all departments were very nice, but I also think it partially begins with you. You are on a cruise to have fun, so start by smiling yourself at the staff and other cruisers . It is contatgious! The Cruise director Emma was aray of sunshine, but sadly will be moving to a new ship, but we met the new CD on the last night who seemed fun as well. Yes, accents could be a challenge at the trivias, but that makes it fun if you have the right attitude. And on Carnival the trivias truly are very lay back. On the other Carnival ships we were on (smaller ones), we were always disappointed at where the live band played, usually outside the casino and the "dance floor" was in the walkway ! ..a real challenge as we love to dance. But here the Sunshine has a designated area in Ocean Plaza on deck 5..lots of seating, and a nice dance area. Caught in the Act was the main band and were very good BUT for my taste they could get VERY LOUD. For my wife and I, who try to dance non-stop to every song, EAR PLUGS are always a MUST. Also the outdoor movie screen worked very well-super picture and good sound. Yes, we found a time when the rope course was open and we two 70 year olds made it trough, but I must admit there were a couple of tense moments. Not for the faint hearted, but with just a little guts , you can do it. As far as the ports go, we always try to find out of the way spots while riding the local public bus. ON Aruba we want all the way out to Arashi Beach, which when we were there 15 years ago was TOTALLY secluded, now there is a small shop and more people but not as crowded as other beaches. Snorkle off to the left, very shallow, but lots of fish around the rock and coral. Plus you can walk over the the Colorado Lighthouse which is on most tours....Curacao, went to a really hidden place called Tugboat Cove. Take the local bus to Caracasbaai -ask to get off at Caracasbaai Beach, but then you will walk about 15 minutes past Caracasbaai Beach and keep heading towards the two large ships..you will eventually get there. Bus costs hardly anything. Finally there is the curise terminal beach which is very nice BUT if you like seclusion walk all the way down the beach, just past Jack's Shack cut up towards the road (you will walk through an old lot) then walk to the left to a stone wall-turn left and you will end up at a secluded beach at the Mega 1 Triton ship which ran aground (you can see it from the ship)..snorkling is nice -nothing super but lots of fish..and NO ONE but us were there until a tour bus stopped by for a few minutes. ONE BIG NOTE: if you have an arrival time for embarkation...arrive ON TIME and you will not have to wait hardly at all outside the terminal. Arrive early or late and you get into a long line.

GSFS !!! Great shows, great food, great staff !!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by fan1965

fan1965’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E 7123
Loved the location----deck 7 towards the front--2 flights down to theater at Liquid Lounge...and Ocean Plaza and Casino on deck 5..only 2 flights up to deck 9 the food and pool deck.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins