3. American Constitution
This was the first cruise of the Constitution and lasted for 10 nights as we cruised around the Chesapeake Bay. I think the highlight for most people on board was getting to visit Washington D.C., even though I really loved Yorktown. We saw the Yorktown battlefield and shopped in the pretty area right around the ship's dock. The Constitution was built in Maryland (surprise!!) and it felt like a perfect way to have the first cruise be in Maryland. The ship is pretty and we had a nice room with large doors and a private porch. All meals are in the dining room on the first floor, where everyone sits together. Some people form little groups and all sit together, but we chose new table mates each night and met some wonderful people, even one with mutual friends from long ago. The chef focuses on the local specialty and I think I had crab 7 of the 10 days I was onboard, it was indulgent but excellent. We plan to cruise again next year and may try the Mississippi for more history. I would love to see Vicksburg.

Maiden Cruise A Success

American Constitution Cruise Review by YarmothElla

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: USA

YarmothElla’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Constitution price drops

Very large with private porch and such. Large doors let in the light and make it feel very modern. The bathroom was small but I suppose ample for a ship and had nice tile and glass door in the shower.