3. Navigator of the Seas
We have been on approximately 11 cruises, seven of which have been on RCCL. We chose this cruise because it was going to four places we had never been to before. We will remember this cruise for all the wrong reasons. While this cruise had a number of minor annoyances, the two major issues were the fact that the cruise to Aruba did not go to Aruba, and the snorkeling excursion in Bonaire did not permit us to snorkel. We purchased the shore excursion well in advance. One week before sailing, RCCL arbitrarily changed the minimum age for snorkeling, so my youngest son was not able to snorkel. We were told he could sit on the beach, but he would not be allowed to enter the water. The Aruba issue had to do with weather, and I understand ship safety, but this cruise was two years in the planning and was selected because of the destinations. I can live with the above issues, but the customer service I received after the cruise is what has really frustrated me. The goal of customer service is generally to diffuse these types of situations. Every time I spoke to someone I was left more agitated. The responses were almost robotic with no ability to relate to people. They have absolutely no appreciation for long time customers or the impact a bad experience can have on a family. I will not be sailing RCCL ever again. Related to the ship directly, here are some of my issues: No self-service soda machines. I had to wait at a bar every time I wanted a soda. When I asked about it, I was told by a bartender it was so we could get excellent service. My experience was that it had the exact opposite affect. Bad experience at the Windjammer. It was hard to get a table, and long lines for items cooked to order. I am an early riser, and I was surprised to find that the Windjammer did not open until 7:00 am on some days, but what was more frustrating was that the doors to the Windjammer and the main dining room never opened on time. It was often five to ten minutes after the scheduled opening time that doors actually opened. Not a lot to do for the kids. No water slides or kids aquatic area. My youngest son likes mini-golf. The course is in rough shape, and one morning it was littered with broken glass from an adult beverages. We had connecting promenade view staterooms. While you could not hear regular activity and traffic, you could hear major activity, such as when they were having shows in the promenade. Some kind of disco party kept us awake on night. Anyway, as I mentioned, we will not be cruising on RCCL again, but if we did, it would likely not be on the Navigator of the Seas.

Will Never Cruise Royal Caribbean Again

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by tcnc7474

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Promenade View Interior

Related to the ship directly, here are some of my issues:

Not a lot to do for the kids. No water slides or kids aquatic area.

tcnc7474’s Full Rating Summary