3. Disney Fantasy
My wife and kids went on a Disney Cruise as part of our first vacation with our young kids. From day one we felt like our family was part of a third world country flea market. Every single person tried to upsale us on all services imaginable. it progressively got worse when my son stepped on a sea shell inside the boat. We went to the Ship emergency room and the nurse gave my wife a disgusted look for treating this as an emergency? ( my sons foot was infected for three days) She then perceded to charge us 350 dollars for putting a band aid and covering his foot with a bandage??? We asked for a recommendation of where to purchase a watch from Sal;the boats shopping guide. What I didn't realize is Disney collects 7 percent commission from diamond exchange. Instead of taking advantage of Caribbean wholesale pricing , merchants told me he has to give my discount to Disney because I brought in the vip cards received at the boat. Everything on the boat comes with automatic 15 percent gratuity on the bill regardless of the purchase. Disney also charges me 300 of mandatory gratuity to have my room cleaned and dinners served which I never eat because food on the ship was awful. ( one of my waiters even told me Disney is never known for tasty or quality food)I later found out they pass the cost of their staff and overhead to their guests by only paying roughly 10 percent of their salary and making guests pay set amount of mandatory gratuity to offset their costs and ultametly increase profit margins. Coffee on ship was bad, of course I had the option of purchasing coffee at three dollars for a Small cup? ( spent 150 on coffee alone throughout the week for my wife and I)They charge you for popcorn and waster? The only time I had a good dinner at the boat was when I skipped dinner ( last three nights) and decided to pay for a good meal at one of their restaurants. This cost me 600 for the three nights? I paid 6500 for the cruise and over 4000 on board as everything was an up charge and I was scammed into buying items I never wanted or needed? Every night one of the waiters upsold my 4 and 5 year old kids souvenir cups , of course I had to purchase as my kids wouldn’t eat and my waiter tricked them into thinking they were magical cups? My wife decided to get a $185 / 50 minute massage to alleviate the stress we were experiencing, sure enough the therapist literally tried to upsale my wife on 700 worth of product. My wife cried the entire night and had to buy 50 worth of product at the end as she felt very vuernable. This was a horrible cruise,royal carribeam is at least half the price and much more professional. Management is borderline rude and their employers are taught and mandated to upsale guests on useless products. I still can't believe guests pay 90 percent if their service staff wages with mandatory gratuity that's beyond the price of the boat? Adding insult to injury last night plumbing for my entire floor was. Time, our room smelled like a sewer, we had to spend five hours at their pool and restaurant until issue was fixed. My kids were cranky and exhausted, just horrible!!!

Ugly Side of Disney Cruise