3. Carnival Horizon
I chose this cruise based on the itinerary. I have not been on a Carnival ship in three years. This is my 21st cruise, so I have some perspective. The technology was great. I have also never embarked so fast. The crew was friendly. My issue was the food. Breakfast was exactly the same each day. The dining room experience was sad. Food not up to par. No butter, butter dish, salt and pepper. Service was rushed. Food was lacking any taste. The same choice each night for the vegetarian dish. I thought that was funny! We went to high tea on sea day. The waiter opened the tea box and gave us a choice of regular or decaf Lipton tea! There was no cream or jam for scones. I realize that this was their second voyage. They only seemed concerned about getting this ship to Miami. Numerous Carnival employees held meetings in the smoking area each day. It was all whispers until one stood up and yelled “who in their right mind would eat tapioca for desert.” There were no specialty reservations available. I started trying to book these 4 weeks prior. All of the Carnival employees had these reservations.

Sad Experience

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by Rml92627

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Rml92627’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

• Vatican Museums
    We toured the gardens first. We had to wait 40 minutes to get into museum. We literally ran from the entrance of the Vatican Museum through the Sistene Chapel and into St. Peter’s. We were out the basilica in less than 15 minutes. The most expensive and disappointing tour ever!
    View All 127 Vatican Museums Reviews