• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

North pole quilter
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin: Balcony

I cruised with a friend, or she would have been traveling alone. Starting with the Embarkation, which wasn't up to Princess's normal. I waiting at the airport for over 2 hours for a bus to the Princess Terminal. At the Terminal, we waited almost 3 hours with limited space to sit. I was traveling alone. If I left my seat to get something out of the vending machines to drink, I would have lost my seat. I flew in from Alaska and am not accustomed to the heat, much less the humidity. All in all, I am in good health for a senior, but a very large majority of the travelers were much older than I. I was concerned for many, sitting in that heat for the length of time, without hydration. Princess Cruise line, should have at least supplied free water to everyone. Many, with long hours of travel to LA with out nutrition were planning on getting on board and eat lunch. I myself flew all night and did not get anything to eat until well after 5pm. That was almost 24 hours. Big concern was the hydration, that did not happen. I learned while on the cruise, many if they wanted a place to sit, had to sit outside in the sun and heat.

Our cabin had it's troubles, which we learned to just live with. The beds were super compfy, which I understand were all new mattresses. Our Tv never did work right. We could not use the volume control, and the tv would not turn off. At night we turned on channel 34 which is the ships camera of the sea, which is black at night and we muted the noise.

The food was great, all around the ship, dining room, Horizon, grill, Grown Grill, Pizza, and the Crab shack.

Balcony

Cabin BC

Our Stewart Agus, was the best, we couldn't have asked for better.

Find an Emerald Princess Cruise from $226