3. Costa Favolosa
This was my first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to, but based on my experience on the Favolosa it will be my last. Initially boarding was a nightmare - only 2 people to book in dozens of passengers that all seemed to arrive at the same time. I have no complaints about the (inner) cabin, it was spacious with lots of storage. Suitcases went under the bed. The crew were excellent - very accommodating and friendly. So what was wrong, you ask? First of all the ship is way too big and after 10 days aboard, I still couldn't find my way around. Its also too crowded and noisy. Passengers were mostly Italian and some of the kids were annoying, running everywhere, pressing all the buttons on the elevator etc. The food was pretty bad. Buffet breakfast and lunch was virtually the same meal and it was repeated every day. Due to the crowds, it was also very difficult to find an empty table. We had the late dinner at 9.15 pm and although the menu read well, the food itself was mediocre at best and extremely salty. Some dishes were inedible. We had one of the drinks packages (Brindisi) which wasn't cheap, but only certain drinks were included and as one other reviewer mentioned, bottled water was an extra charge. Costa provided a shuttle bus from the various docks into the cities, BUT it was an extra charge, so we didn't use them. In some cities, time ashore was very limited and we didn't get a real feel for these places. We could have taken their tours, but again, not cheap. We had 2 sea days and they were a nightmare. The crowds of people and noise were only emphasized on these days and one was faced with a wall of people by the elevator doors, so you couldn't even exit the elevator. Entertainment was 'so so'. There were a couple of good acts in the theatre, but the rest were pretty ordinary e.g. karaoke contest, interpretive dancers. I can't believe this ship is only 7 years old. The decor harks back to the 1970's - orange, brown, dark green - not very appealing. Overall I couldn't wait to get off the ship vowing never to do it again!

First and last cruise.

Costa Favolosa Cruise Review by AnyaB

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Classic Inside

Overall I couldn't wait to get off the ship vowing never to do it again!
AnyaB’s Full Rating Summary