• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Splendida Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

MSC great value cruise on wonderful ship

Review for MSC Splendida to the Middle East
deanobravo72
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin:

This is our 2nd cruise with MSC and we honestly don't understand a lot of the negative complaints about MSC. I do admit that the food is average but that doesn't mean it is bad. The unlimited drinks package is great value at £23 per day. Can't understand why hot chocolate can't be included in it. We had no problems with communicating with the staff. The embarking and disembarking was very quick and smooth. We stayed in our first balcony cabin only costing about £500 each.

In regard to the ship we loved it. We had been on the Preziosa the year before so it was hard not to compare the two as they are of the same class and very similar. My favourite place aboard is the La Piazzetta which looks like a fake Italian or french village setting. We enjoyed a lot of gelato there as it was included in our drinks package.

I was sad that the Tex Mex restaurant had been turned into the Butcher's Cut steak restaurant. I was looking forward to the original one. I didn't think much of the latter because it was very expensive and the food was average. We liked the Sea Pavilion Hot Pot restaurant. The view was great from there and it was fun to order food to cook at the table. We ordered far too much. It was a bit confusing knowing what to do and the staff were very helpful and also amused. Nowhere as costly as the Butcher's Cut. We enjoyed the main restaurant and the staff there were brilliant.

4 Helpful Votes