3. Carnival Conquest
This was our 7th cruise on Carnival but our first in a little over a year. The new embarkation system is amazingly fast. The security person takes a picture of your passport picture and you are headed to the ship. Your boarding pass takes the place of your sign and sail card until your room is ready at 1:30 pm. Card are waiting in you mail holder outside your cabin door. Conquest is an older ship and we sailed on her in 2004. There have been upgrades but they are pretty minor. Several food options from the newer ships are missing as well as the Red Frog Pub. Food quality was okay. I got one decent eggs benedict out of 6 or 7 tries (unless you like hard boiled eggs). Got a great little steak at the Seaday Brunch. Variety in the main dining room is pretty good and the service was outstanding. In fact all service from our Room Steward Mario to Mark Johnson (singer in the piano bar) and Ravi our bar service guy was excellent. Comedy shows were pretty good but we were not that impressed with the singers and dancers in the showroom. We booked a suite for the first time. There is more room in the cabin with a bath tub and double sinks in the bathroom. Tub was jetted so I tried a couple of baths. Very narrow and my shoulders really wouldn't fit. The balcony is about double the size of standard and there seemed to be more closet space. Highlight of the ports was Half Moon Cay. Beautiful beach with the softest sand imaginable. Get a clam shell early if you want some shade. Bungalows are expensive! Food service was provided by the cooks from the ship and pretty minimal picnic fare. Since our flight home was very late, we booked the Everglades excursion with transportation back to the airport. The air boat was a kick. We will cruise Carnival again but I think I will look for something on the new ships.

Very good cruise on the Conquest

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Cruiser Rick1

Cruiser Rick1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7278
Nice cabin. I always pick a cabin with a floor of cabins below and above. Eliminates the noise for deck chairs being moved around for deck washing or show rooms or the casino below. A little dated (as is the whole ship) but a nice size. Close to the forward elevators and stairs.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Everglades Tour
    Highlight was the air boat. Not as fast as the small boats as this one would hold 30 people. We only had about 20 and our guide was great. Gator show was also educational. No wrestling or anything crazy but a few tricks that are best left to the professionals. Worthwhile and included transportation to the airport.
    View All 131 Everglades Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    Beach was okay but not compared to Half Moon Cay for free. Rum punch, beer and soft drinks were included. Snorkeling is not good. Excursion started at 7:00 am but lunch wasn't served (although it was sitting in warming trays all morning) until 11:00 and we were headed back to the ship by then. Poor value for us.