3. Wilderness Adventurer
I love wilderness. I love small ships that don't really go "anywhere." This cruise promised and delivered exactly what I wanted. We had 3 whole days in Glacier Bay with nary another person or ship in sight. To add to the sensory overload was 3 continuous days of sun, something unheard of in most of Alaska. Alaska was Awakening and while there were no babies of any sort and the bears were still hibernating, it was a great experience. Small ship cruises are most expensive. With 37 passengers and a crew of 25, there was lots of attention. The food was good and the cabin, albeit with its tiny bathroom, was comfortable. Each crew member had a particular interest. What I found troubling was that there seemed to be no one in charge of wildlife spotting. While not every bird, otter, sea lion, seal and porpoise needs to be enumerated, it is good to call them out and identify them. I found that lacking and it was disappointing. There were multiple and daily opportunities to kayak, hike, and go for skiff rides to explore. The activities are not tremendously difficult. On the cruise we were on, I think young children would be bored. I would go again.

Lots of Personal Attention

Wilderness Adventurer Cruise Review by desert raven 49

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Alaska

I would go again.
desert raven 49’s Full Rating Summary
Get UnCruise Wilderness Adventurer price drops

Cabins are tiny. They are equipped with soap, shampoo and a hairdryer. Water bottles are provided for the week. The mattresses were very comfortable. Because the cabins are small, consider going for the twin bed arrangement so each of you can exit the bed without one person having to climb over the other.

• Nature Hike
    I would like to point out that all of the excursions, activities, and alcohol are included in the cruise price.
    We were bussed to the trail head and then guided along an easy trail that meandered through the rain forest until we reached an overlook of the bay and beach. It was beautiful and confirms my belief that nobody does the color green better than Alaska.
    View All 0 Nature Hike Reviews
  • Mount Roberts Tramway
    Because we were the first cruise of the season and because the Tram was not yet open, it was opened specifically for us. The views were great and the food was very good.
    View All 236 Mount Roberts Tramway Reviews