3. Carnival Vista
This was only my second cruise, the first being the Carnival Freedom in April 2016. The Vista may be the biggest and one of the newest ships in Carnivals fleet, but overall it was very hit or miss. Pros- More dining choices, things like pizza, burgers, and tacos on the Lido deck come with no extra fee. There is also of course the buffet on the Lido deck, the breakfast buffet is pretty good, with a large selection of items including dry cereal, pancakes, french roast, bagels, grits, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Lunch and dinner items on the buffet okay, there were a few good offering, but mostly it was lack luster. Bonsai Sushi, Pig & Anchor BBQ, Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, and a couple others are not complimentary. Personally I only tried Bonsai Sushi which was quite good, I had their Chicken Katsu, Two plates or sashimi, and the yuzu custard. The chicken Katsu wasn't anything special, but the sashimi and yuzu custard were both delicious and fresh. I was cruising with some friends who tried Pig and Anchor, which they gave mixed reviews. Cabins- I like the updated decor for the cabins and staterooms, it looks more modern than the outdated awful orange of the Freedom. The addition of USB ports was a nice update as well. Entertainment, lots of choices, movies, music, comedy acts, water slides, mini golf, arcade, water slides, and water playground. Spa- a bit pricey but a nice welcome retreat if you book early it's not crowded and very relaxing and quiet. The massage and facial were nice, and left me very relaxed. Cons- Main dining room, the food was unimaginative, service was slow and muddled, and entrees were not hot when the arrived. Elevators, slow, long lines on port days, and on disembarkation. Most of the times it's faster to take the stairs. Overall the ship felt crowded, it was often hard to find a chair near the pool, there were long lines at the coffee bar, and the Alchemy Bar was often crowded. People start lining up early for Guys Burgers, Pizza, Tacos, etc which are complimentary, so expect to wait. The Lido buffet was crowded and had long lines at times, but was pretty quick at other times. Noise, be selective about your room, some areas of the ship are noisy. If you plan on going to sleep before midnight, don't book mid ship on deck 9 or 10. You will be directly above the IMAX theater. I was on desk 10, and the noise was so bad it literally rattled the room. The last movie starts at 10-10:30 so don't try going to bed, it just wont happen. Service, there is an option for AM or PM service of the cabin, I chose day, but my room usually was not turned until noon or 1. I never recieved a room service menu in my room, and had two snoozin placards, but no cruisin placard. Overall I was not impressed, I thought the experience would be better.

Bigger doesn't mean better

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by GTX044

Pros-

Cons-

Overall I was not impressed, I thought the experience would be better.
GTX044’s Full Rating Summary