This was a last minute decision,wanted a bit of sun and the Canaries are always a good choice, in fact it is my second favourite destination for cruising.Last minute booking but not a last minute price, paid the full whack for a DD category Superior Deluxe balcony cabin occupied by one, but paying for two.Must have a balcony when cruising, would not set a foot on a ship otherwise.I have stayed on Ventura 3x in as many years and it has never been plain sailing.My gripe? The hygiene.This is the dirtiest four star cruiser I have ever been on. Even now the overwhelming sense of grubbiness prevailed from the moment I opened the door to the cabin.New carpet?Fluff coming off as I walked around.The cabin is dark,this is not a complaint but a statement of fact,it is the second largest I have ever been in and if the sun does not shine without the lights it is dark.But it has a good size balcony without shelter, this means more sun than if there was another cabin above.Two beds pushed together to make a king size bed ,very uncomfortable,there was no covering on the top of the beds to soften the edges where they were pushed together.I loved showering standing in the bath-tub,the water was always hot and powerful,washing my long hair was easy.Toiletries were from the White Company,my favourite brand.There was no vanity package,in a Superior Deluxe cabin,everything should be provided.There were two soft and large dressing gowns, a pair of slippers, an umbrella and binoculars.The food was a hit and miss affair with more hits than misses,breakfast in the self-service always excellent,lunch not so much, but in the dining room it was adequate.Dinners in the Saffron restaurant were enjoyable,steak cooked to perfection,exactly as I like it,rare,chips always hot.,a nice side salad.The choice of food was good, at least two kinds of fish,good quality meat.Ice cream excellent, good cheese, desserts not to my liking.Entertainment was good,especially the comics.In site of my reservations about the hygiene, I had a lovely cruise.I know I will be back. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment.

Must be a glutton for punishment!

Ventura Cruise Review by Ludka

Ludka’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Cabin D730
Large and long and without lights or the sun in full force, oppressively dark because of it.Very uncomfortable beds pushed together to make up a king size bed,nothing placed where the beds meet, unpleasant to sleep on. Pillows acceptable.Furniture old fashioned,the carpet appeared to be new as the fluff was still coming off as I walked.The walk in wardrobe had lots of space for my cloths and two people would have more than enough storage even on a long cruise.For those people who love sitting on the balcony in he sun this is a perfect cabin as there is no shelter above.I would happily stay there again.At the back of the ship at the end of the 9th floor it is quiet and that is a big plus.The bathroom is good size with a tub and a shower fitting above,the towels were harsh but large and I love that.
  Ventura Deck Plans