Celebrity Summit Cruise Review

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by taewoo1

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

Overall I had a good time with Celebrity Summit. Although it could use room for improvement. The communication between the ground and onboard staff needs to be improved. When I booked my cruise, I explained that I needed to be able to connect my iPhone and Laptop to the internet at the same time. The sales man did research and let me know it was possible then sold me the package. However, once onboard this was not the case. The staff allowed me to have 2 account without additional costs.

Regarding the restaurant Sushi 5. The sales men misrepresented that the Japanese chef Yoshi would be making authentic sushi. However, I was informed the manager that the chef was from the Philippines and not Japan. The manager made it up to me by not charging me the a la carte price.

Another issue was my on board account, they charge me for items I didn't purchase. However, the guest relation rectified the situation, but it made my vacation a little stressful.

The last issue has to do with the off shore excursion. when I booked my cruise I was informed that it shouldn't be an issue, and that I needed to speak with the accessibility department. The accessibility department informed me that they couldn't assist me due to liability issue. Later on the cruise manager informed me they could do a refund but I book a flight that was nonrefundable

I am a blind member. I normally need a guide. For one of the excursions the driver could not get out of the bus to hold my arm. I had to rely on a good Samaritan who assisted me although she was not under any obligation to assists. They informed me that they were not in charge of off shore excursions.

I would like for them to take guest disability under consideration and make more accommodations for the guest.

taewoo1's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
Cabin 2A 8155

The cabin was a little to small. I had a hard time maneuvering my suite case. I wish they had more outlets for charging devices.

taewoo1