3. Pacific Dawn
As much as I enjoyed the cruise (being my maiden voyage), I was a little miffed about the selling of everything from the time we got through customs until we returned to brisbane. Photo before you went on board $29.90, gown and slippers in the cabin $25.00, bottled water in cabin $2.50, (but beware it comes up as $2.95 on your itemised expenditure sheet each time you open one), shore trips at up 3(three) times the price of going ashore and finding the same thing for yourself, prawns with your dinner $10.00 half kilo, steak $25.00 minimum, pizza $7.00 and up, ice cream $2.50 and up, stop when you cant get anymore in the cone/cup or your mouth, duty free cigarettes and alcohol that you can't have until the last day, (then they tell you about the limit of smokes you are allowed back in australia), art auctions with prices of some pieces that would pay for a house. Then on the last day or two the sales start in the atrium, to bloody late we spent all our money on everything else. But my biggest whinge is the price of a can of coca cola. $2.50. Not for a can of coke made in australia @ 375mls but for a can of coke made in vietnam @ 330mls and clearly marked (not to be sold outside vietnam). Now i realise that these ships and the cruises are designed to make money and P&O proudly state the this ship is based in australia and has been for some time and probably will be as long as she stays afloat, but how about supporting the local economy as well, or bring the price back to reality. Enough whingeing, apart from the above i have never enjoyed myself so much as a maiden cruiser, the food was great (more than you could eat in ten lifetimes), the service was brilliant (espcially in the main dining room on deck 7), and there was usually something to do somewhere on the ship, or just relax and let the world drift past while downing a drink or 2 and or chatting with new faces. Even the odd nana nap to recharge the batteries was called for. My personal opinion is a 8/10 to P&O for putting on a great cruise, so much so that we are going to go again in a couple of years. They (P&O) need to back of with the hard sell and some of their pricing, otherwise brillint.

SELL, SELL, SELL