Island Princess Cruise Review
1,190 Reviews

Great crew, and a fabulous time

Island Princess Cruise Review by cokefirst

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

this is the longest cruise we have ever done. We have taken 10 previous cruises on Princess, and we really love their service

The only thing I miss about this ship is the lack of the 24 hour international cafe. We had been on this ship a few years ago but the Vista lounge was removed and replaced with cabins. This did not deter our enjoyment of the ship.

The cabins are standard and we spend very little time there. We usually get an inside cabin because we use the cabin just to sleep. The rest of the time we are out and about the ship.

We had excellent meals and a friendly attentive wait staff at the any time dining room (Bordeaux) The food was also tasty and the variety was good. I enjoy being able to try different things. I ordered items I would not normally order because i knew that if I didn't like it, I could get something else.

We got to the ship about 1 PM and were whisked right on board. this was the easiest embarkation we have ever experienced.

Our cabin steward was wonderful and took care of everything we needed. I did not have one negative experience with the ship, or the crew on the entire voyage.

Everyone should go through the Panama Canal at least once. It is fascinating how the ships are raised and lowered in the locks.

cokefirst's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV E616

This is a standard cruise ship cabin. It is small, but comfortable. The shower is a little cramped, but good enough to get clean in. The cabin did have a large screen television which was a plus as all the other ships I have been on have had much smaller screens.

Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)

We took a private tour with about 10 people. The tour guide took us to the mountains and was very knowledgeable about the area. We went to the historic town of Antigua to a Jade factory and a historic hotel that was once a monastery. Beware, the locals do hound you at every stop and don't take no for an answer. They will follow you to try and sell you local goods. Still and interesting place with lots of history.

City Tour

we got to see lots of Crocodiles and white faced monkeys. Our tour stopped along the road and our guide called the monkeys and treated them with cookies. We also went up in the mountains and had a stop and a very interesting restaurant called Ti Ko. A unique structure that is half open air with a fabulous view if the valley below.

View All 22 City Tour Reviews
Historic Tour

great tour guide. we went to Colima and Coloma. Both interesting historical cities. Very charming.

View All 6 Historic Tour Reviews
Huatulco

A small, relatively clean port city. We toured the city and were shown several upscale resorts. We hired a taxi to take us around the the price was very reasonable

cokefirst