• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Charlie2927
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2017
Cabin:

I have been to many different places and on many vacations and I can safely say this vacation has been my favorite of all. Our initial motivation for seeking out Windjammers was my long held love of old schooners. Being able to experience of sailing on a 130 year old schooner for an extended period was a dream come true for us. That said, many of the other facets of the experience they offer fit us comfortably - The small group setting, the relaxed itinerary, the general informal nature of the experience, beauty of the Maine coast...all call us.Our Captain, Garth Wells was extremely knowledgeable, experienced and cool!! He truly loves the ships and enjoys what he does. He went out of his way to ensure all guests had an excellent time. The crew was amazing as well, we all became fast friends. They work hard, always smiling and know the guests by name. The chef did an excellent job with very delicious meals , all cooked on a wood burning stove. One evening we dropped anchor and had a great lobster bake on an island.

We would definitely go again and recommend it to anyone, They accommodate single travelers too at no extra cost.

Cabin Double

Tight, but on deck most of the time.

2 Helpful Votes