Carnival Splendor Review

1,475 reviews

A NEW YEAR'S CRUISE IS A MUST!

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Splendor
CARNIVALCRUISE3
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2017

I had always wanted to sail on New Year's, but always found the cruises to be too expensive at this time. Instead for the past two years, I have sailed the week before Christmas which is a lot less expensive than when I usually sail in the summer. This year I decided that I was going to do a New Year's cruise just to try it out. I kept checking the prices for the Vista which is their newest ship, and I have sailed on it twice, but it was too expensive. When I finally decided to book it two weeks before sailing, everything was sold out. I found the last cabin available aboard the Splendor which was an ocean view, and being older than the Vista, it was a lot less expensive.

Having sailed the week before Christmas the past two years, I was hoping that the ship was still beautifully decorated, and to my surprise it was. They took down all of the Christmas decorations the last day at sea.

I usually sail with my nephew and mom, but they couldn't make it so I went by myself.

previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Splendor Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.