• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Splendor Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

A NEW YEAR'S CRUISE IS A MUST!

Review for Carnival Splendor to the Eastern Caribbean
CARNIVALCRUISE3
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin:

I had always wanted to sail on New Year's, but always found the cruises to be too expensive at this time. Instead for the past two years, I have sailed the week before Christmas which is a lot less expensive than when I usually sail in the summer. This year I decided that I was going to do a New Year's cruise just to try it out. I kept checking the prices for the Vista which is their newest ship, and I have sailed on it twice, but it was too expensive. When I finally decided to book it two weeks before sailing, everything was sold out. I found the last cabin available aboard the Splendor which was an ocean view, and being older than the Vista, it was a lot less expensive.

Having sailed the week before Christmas the past two years, I was hoping that the ship was still beautifully decorated, and to my surprise it was. They took down all of the Christmas decorations the last day at sea.

I usually sail with my nephew and mom, but they couldn't make it so I went by myself.

previous reviewnext review