3. Carnival Horizon
I wanted to try an inaugural cruise and I wanted to try Carnival. We paid for a “sail away” ocean view fare and got a beautiful, 11th deck handicapped room with spa privedges. That was the best part of the cruise. I also liked that “local” dishes for the day’s port were offerd on the menu in the dining room. Nice touch. I was very disappointed in the entertainment although the production staff was great. But they performed only 3 nights in a 13 day cruise. We did not go to the first night welcome aboard show—they may have been there. The rest of the entertainers were so-so—heavy on magicians/juggler type acts. The forward rooms for the first 3 decks are very noisy with thruster and wave bounce noise. The hotel captain agreed. My friend and his wife in a forward first deck ocean view cabin always knew when we were starting to get into port because it sounded like a large rolling cart outside their window. The hotel captain said that was the thrusters. Then they heard loud bumps or thumps. They thought we might have hit a container that may have fallen off a ship but after many thumps, the hotel captain verified that it was just the ship hitting waves. If you have trouble sleeping or want to sleep late avoid forward cabins on decks 1-3. I also would have liked casual seating for reading with natural light. We didn’t find a single window we could sit by and read.

Inaugural cruise

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by DermPA

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Cloud 9 Spa Ocean View (walkway view, view partially obstructed by solid steel railing)
DermPA’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Cabin 6S 11203
Spacious, comfortable, cloud 9 spa was a wonderful bonus.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins