3. Norwegian Star
This was around our 12th cruise on several different cruise lines. I had traveled Norwegian previously to Alaska and had a great cruise. Therefore, I decided to use Norwegian again to go through the Panama Canal. First of all, we went through Norwegian to schedule a pickup from the Los Angeles airport to the cruise line. We waited 2 hours and I had to insist that a bus stop at our terminal and pickup the passengers (approximately 30 of us) immediately. Some of them had been waiting over 3 hours. Once on the Norwegian Star and settled in, we thought everything would be great. However, we quickly learned that the food selection in the main dining rooms were repeated every other night. There was a new item on the menu but it was usually fish (I don't eat fish) or lamb (which neither I nor my husband eat). The market cafe served pork or some kind of stew almost every night The clam chowder was like a broth with no clam or chucks of potatoes. My husband ordered the prime rib medium rare but he could not cut it with a steak knife and when he turned it over it was black (burned). The steak they had in the main dining room was so thin and over cooked it was like shoe leather. The food overall was bland, no flavor, over cooked or cold. It was apparent that neither the executive chef or anyone else in the kitchen tasted the food or did any type of quality control. Many of the service crew members were disinterested in customer service, ie: talking to each other rather than waiting on customers (we waited as much as 20 minutes in the restaurant), they blamed other crew members for the delay of service. A passenger spilled half their bowl of soup next to the drink machine at the market cafe and one of the officers did nothing but put a chair over it. No one came to clean it up the during our entire lunch. I paid $179.00 for internet service. However, I was told I could get my email (which I never could) and I was not informed if I took my IPAD on shore, that I would lose service. After several days of not being able to get service, I was finally able to talk with someone in the Internet Department (as they weren't there but certain hours), I was finally told that it sometimes happens when you go ashore and I would have to reboot our service. I was not told this when I purchased your package.

The worst cruise I have ever been on.

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Yvonne Bailey