3. Star Princess
I chose this cruise because my Mom and I wanted to go to Hawaii. Mom has travelled a lot and doesn't want to fly anymore, so we choose cruises that leave and return to Vancouver B.C. The embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly. The Star Princess is very well appointed. We had an inside cabin. The beds were very very comfortable with the new Princess Luxury mattresses and pillows. I would like to have had more than one chair in the room though. We chose the 5:15 dining in the Portofino restaurant. The food was fabulous. I'm vegetarian and was pleased with the tasty offerings each night. The desserts were out of this world! The servers were very friendly and efficient. The entertainment was outstanding in the Princess Theater and the lounges. We were frustrated at the difficulty finding seats though. My Mom uses a walker. We had to go to the theater an hour before the early show started in order for her to get a seat. The first show was at 7:45 and the second show was at 9:45. The latter is too late for my mom. There were many people left standing or turned away from the first shows. The events in the Piazza were fun and entertaining if you were lucky enough to find a seat or were willing to stand.I participated in the Ukulele lessons each sea day and in the concert at the end of the cruise. That was a lot of fun. Tiki Dave and Leialoha were a wonderful addition to the cruise with their Hawaiian music and ukulele and hula lessons. We did a wonderful shore excursion through Princess to the Polynesian Cultural Centre on Oahu. On the other 3 islands we rented a car and went snorkeling and to the Volcanoes National Park. In all it was a wonderful cruise and a good sampling of Hawaii. I would love to go again.

A Taste of Hawaii

Star Princess Cruise Review by Marila

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Marila’s Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin IC c408
The cabin was fine. I wish there was more seating in it. The bed was extremely comfortable. I was happy with where the cabin was situated. We didn't have the noise from the banging of the waves. My sister was on deck 5 and lost two nights sleep because of that.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins