3. Azamara Quest
Highly recommend Azamara Club Cruises. I can only give a recommendation for the Azamara Quest ship as I have not traveled on the Journey or new Pursuit yet. First time on Azamara and as long as the Quest does not get rid of their live dealer table games in their casino, it will not be my last. I loved this cruise and line and the service and meals and everything about it. It was nice being on a cruiseline that really takes care of its guests. It was easily 5 star service. There are so many people who I knew and was on a first name basis with throughout the cruise and I'm not talking about the passengers, but the staff who were great and went above and beyond any prior cruise expectation I had had. I booked my cruise through a cruise travel expert, who, in turn booked every aspect through Azamara. From the first meeting in the baggage claim at the Miami airport, to the representative making sure we were all on the bus and on the way to the Lisbon airport, they had every single detail covered. It was like clockwork! The hotel check-ins were smooth and easy and they were well prepared for us. To the buses from the hotel to the pier before the cruise and to the hotel from the pier after the cruise. The ship check-in was the smoothest ever. There was literally no line, we walked right up, handed in our cruise ticket and credit card. Pictures were taken and we were given our ship pass/room key and away we went. Everything was easy! Upon arrival on the ship, champagne was provided, they didn't ask for our room card to charge the drink, it was free. In fact, the back of the bar menu showed all of the free alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. All eating venues (with the exception of the two speciality restaurants) were included and the speciality restaurants weren't terribly expensive for the quality we received. Being docked in town was truly amazing. It was nice being on a small ship that was able to be right in the center of things. Literally off the ship and in the middle of town. Never had that experience on the larger ships that I have cruised on in the past. All communication from the captain was top notch, as well as from the cruise director, Tony. The activities planned from trivia to bingo to blackjack tournaments, guest lecturers, dance lessons, improv classes and the numerous musical events and shows were all unique and interesting to do throughout the cruise. The ship's officers were very visible throughout the cruise. The captain was available to speak to regularly, and many of the passengers were invited to dine with the officers during the cruise. It was truly a wonderful experience sitting with an officer and talking about his experiences and responsibilities. Captain Magnus truly commands a fine ship and wonderful crew. Almost every crew member I encountered really took care of me and other guests. Truly received wonderful service from the following team members: Ernest, Diana, Tony, Julia, Milda, Marina, Nikhil, Leon, Rebecca, Raymon, Ashley, Ernesto, Nikolai, Daniel, Yeldana, Shayla, Alicea, Mariana. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting as I met so many wonderful crew members who graciously gave of themselves and made the voyage more enjoyable. Much different than the larger ships where you hardly get to know the crew at all, and certainly don't receive the same personal attention as you do on the Azamara Quest. Highly recommend you checking out Azamara Club Cruises, especially if you prefer port intensive trips and if you enjoy many days at sea on a transatlantic cruise. I've come home from my vacation truly relaxed and I have Azamara to thank. Keep up the good work and I can't wait until my next cruise with Azamara.

Luxurious ship lives up to its top billing....

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by Cruise9Guy

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Club Veranda Stateroom

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Cruise9guy, we are so glad you thoroughly enjoyed your first cruise with Azamara Club Cruises! We look forward to welcoming you back aboard soon!
Cruise9Guy’s Full Rating Summary

Club Veranda Stateroom
Cabin V3 8010
The reviews I had read on this cabin were pretty much right on target. Though I did not see this stateroom as being any smaller than similar types on other lines. The room was comfortable, balcony decent size and the sliding door much easier to open than a previous line where the door was always getting stuck.
The bathroom was definitely small and it took some time to get used to the step up into it and especially the step down, especially when using in the middle of the night. The toilet was angled strange and made for an interesting sit when using it.
The shower was very small and I found myself getting stuck and having difficulties turning around. As I reported to guest services, the shower drain tended to clog and I was standing in non-flowing water.
Overall the cabin and bathroom was adequate for one person. The cabin and balcony would have been fine for two people, the bathroom would have been a bit small for two people sharing it.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins