3. Britannia
We have cruised nine times now. First time as an adult on P&O. Britannia is a lovely ship. I would recommend highly. But avoid the loyalty crew. We were on deck 9 and had a balcony, which we used, a lot. Its a shame people still think its ok to smoke on their balconies and we did a couple of times end up with cigarette butts on the floor, these were promptly cleaned away by our lovely steward. There are two designated smoking areas on the open decks for people to use. Limelight club, has a cover charge but is worth every penny. We saw the three acts that were available for these dinner shows and enjoyed everyone. Morecambe and Wise tribute was the best, it was like going back to my childhood, amazing. Epicurean, if we had eaten there earlier in the cruise we would have eaten there most nights. Cover charges, but worth it. Sindhu, We were a little disappointed and concluded that the our local Indian restaurant must have an amazing chef! food was good, but not great. We would book again on another cruise, but if our budget was tight, probably give it a miss. Beachhouse, Cover charge again, we had a lovely waiter called Nelson, charming and funny. Food is kind of American diner and was excellent. Freedom dining. This works well for us. But the downside is the tables for two are not in the best places in the restaurant, which annoyed me. Always stuck in an area of high travel from waiters or other passengers. Which is another reason to pay a cover charge and dine else where, nobody likes to dine in annoyed company, as I pointed out to hubby ;) Food was sadly a bit lack lustre, fish sometimes bland, chicken over cooked on one occasion and mushy veg every time. Another reason to either eat in the Horizon or pay a cover charge and eat to a higher standard. Cookery Classes - Highly recommended, I was surprised that hubby agreed to join the class. He really enjoyed it and I have the pictures to prove it! Next time the family are staying he's helping out with the cooking. He enjoyed it so much he actually booked us onto another one. Spa. I can honestly say I arrived limping, not able to move my neck without pain on day one and by the time the spa therapist and the acupuncturist had finished with me I was 100% better. What price health? Costa coffee - Trouble with Costa is they allow people to buy beans from anywhere. The coffees are also one button push delivered, which isn't what you expect from a premium price. The coffee was variable. Tip? go back to the last place you had good coffee on the ship. Smart Casual - I have no idea what they wanted and from the outfits the other passengers where wearing some other were confused as well. I will happily stick with what I asked, if P&O were clear and stuck by some kind of rule. I packed almost one cocktail dress for every evening and two long dresses for the formal nights. People were in leggings in the dining room, cut off tops, men in t-shirts, hardly a jacket in sight on casual nights. Weird and confusing. Formal nights - I have to say the passengers on the ship know how to dress for formal nights! fantastic stuff. Would we book again? We have, but a different P&O ship as we were so angered and disappointed by the treatment of the loyalty team that it will take a while to think about going back to anywhere they could claim a credit for. I can only say they were VERY rude and dismissive. Their customer service was appalling, we saw frustration, shortness of temper, excuses for behaviours and then being fobbed off in a way that makes your jaw go slack. Awful.

Cruise fantasia... Loyalty Staff AWFUL

Britannia Cruise Review by JanBT

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean

I would recommend highly. But avoid the loyalty crew.

Awful.
JanBT’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin F412
Nice size cabin. Love the three pin plugs and kettle. Glass doors on shower and White Company toiletries. Plenty of drawers, lovely big open wardrobe. Bed comfortable, pillows plenty of them. Towels could do with an upgrade. Loved have the sofa. Big TV, so you canal in bed and watch movies.