Carnival Fascination Cruise Review

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Aberdeen cruiser

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

We chose this cruise because it included 5 nights in Barbados prior to the cruise. It also included our favourite islands to visit. The other reason was we could fly direct without the hassle of USA airports. I knew the ship was older, but that was not an issue. Embarkation in Barbados was fine, not great but ok. Cabin, again was ok but no hairdryer. Unfortunately I had taken USA and European adaptors as we could both on previous cruises, my USA adaptors broke and European are no use on this ship. No shops, guest services, photo shop, cabin staff could help or sell me an adaptors. I thought this was strange. If you like burgers, pizza, tacos and all things fried you will love this ship , oh and queuing , because that's what you do every day, breakfast and lunch. The food is terrible. You can't even get coffee and biscuit after 8 pm. But you can get lots of fried food again. Entertainment was not great, but the band with the male and female singers were good. When you get to San Juan, you need to get off the ship and go through immigration, which we hadn't been informed of when booking and met in the lounge, herded off like school children and could not get back on for 3 hours. So we thought we would go on a trip as we had been there for 2 days on a previous cruise. No you can't do that as there are no excursions due to this being the main disembarkation point, on a Sunday with nothing open. This may be an affordable cruise if you are from the states or San Juan but not when you come from the other side of the world, I would not recommend this cruise to anyone. Very disappointed.

Aberdeen cruiser's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6E 659

It was ok, but no hairdryer in cabin, steward did get one for me.

Island Tour

Got to know all about the cost of the tour guides and the high cost of living in Barbados

View All 149 Island Tour Reviews
Island Tour

Again got to know the cost of the tour guides children's private education and her political opinions

View All 300 Island Tour Reviews