3. AmaKristina
It was my first time cruising with Ama Waterways. I chose the cruise based on the variety of excursions offered at no extra charge and positive reviews of food. I was not disappointed. I took a tulip cruise. The cruise itinerary offered a interesting variety of excursions. It was a nice mix of culture, tulips and educational tours. I found their tours to be more in depth than on a previous river cruise. The guides did an excellent job of incorporating history, culture and modern life into their tours. We did a bike tour which was beautiful. We were lucky to enjoy good weather that day. Again the guides were exceptional. I almost did not take the canal cruise in Amsterdam since I had already gone on one 2 times before. I am glad I did because the Ama guide was excellent and they actually picked us up at a place that was not the normal dock that was close to our ship. By doing this we avoided the Amsterdam Crowds and had a short walk. We did the full day in Bruge which was excellent. I am glad we could take our time and not rush around. The Delta Works were fascinating, it was raining which seemed to enhance the experience. I felt spoiled by the crew. A favorite of mine were the homemade breads and ice cream. Meals were excellent and service was superb. We were especially impressed with Misha and Raina (not sure if correct name, the brunette server). John the cruise director was also excellent. Despite it only being the first cruise of the season they worked well together. Our cabin was perfect. It was a BB and it was very roomy with the double balcony. Although it was cool we used the balcony, sun deck, and pool as much as we could. The fellow passengers were mostly from the US. We were discouraged from discussing politics which suited me just fine. People were nice, but sadly we met our favorite 2 passengers at the end of the cruise. Being 48 and 50 my husband and I were probably one of the youngest couples on this cruise. That's not a problem for me or my husband. Most of the passengers were retired. Like most river cruises evening entertainment is not too exciting. We loved the violin players who sold my husband a CD for 30 euro. I prefer the local traditional performers. On a previous cruise I enjoyed disco night. Entertainment is not important to me. Sometimes I use the after dinner time to enjoy sun deck/balcony. I have to say this was an excellent experience and when I take another river cruise it will be with Ama

Excellent Experience!