3. Norwegian Epic
This was our 36th Cruise overall and my 5th with NCL. For the past 7 years, we have cruised exclusively with Celebrity and have never found anything negative. Let me begin with positive comments. The entertainment was outstanding! Best ever on any cruise we have been on. The performers very talented. The cruise director Andre, was great. This was a 15 day transatlantic cruise and he made sure to schedule shows in the afternoon during the crossing. The food was inedible in the 2 main restaurants. The meat was tough, the chicken was like rubber, the side vegetables and soup was always cold. The buffet choices were very limited. The portions were unbelievably small. In the buffet, a turkey sandwich contained one thin slice of turkey. We actually took 6 sandwiches apart to make one sandwich. At breakfast I ordered a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. I was server a half bagel with a smear of cream cheese that was barely visible to the naked eye. We had the ultimate drink package which allowed us to drink any brand of wine, liquor or any cocktail that was priced up to $15. That was great, but, it did not include water. There was a charge for water. We ate at four specialty restaurants. Cagney steak house was great. Tapanyake was wonderful and the Italian restaurant was also very good. However, Le Bistro was a big disappointment. They were completely disorganized. We were 4 at our table. 3 meals were served and the 4th meal was served 10 minutes later. Service was horrible. Food quality was no better than their regular restaurant. This is the first cruise that I have taken where Lobster Tails were not served on the last night. The last nights meal was no different than the other inedible meals. Embarkation was very easy. Debarkation was a nightmare. The luggage was on a carousel justly like the airports use. After wailing 20 minutes and not seeing any of our luggage, a fellow passenger told us that he found his bags against a back wall of the terminal. We went to the was and found our luggage. There were about 100 pieces of luggage there while nervous passengers were watching the carousel. I will never sail with NCL again.

Never Again

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Paulirma

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Let me begin with positive comments.

Embarkation was very easy.

I will never sail with NCL again.
Paulirma’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 10186
HORRIBLE! I was aware of the odd layout of the bathroom before sailing and actually found it to be convenient. The cabin was so narrow that 2 people could not pass each other.one would have to backup to allow the other to pass. If my wife was at the sink or at the makeup table, it blocked the available space to walk by. The lighting in the cabin was very very dim. Impossible for my wife to see what she was doing when she was trying to put on her makeup.
One side of the bed was against the wall so it was very difficult for the person sleeping on that side to get in and out of bed.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins