3. Carnival Freedom
Embarking was very confusing and not easy to figure out. That may just be the port of Galveston. The room steward is fabulous. His name is Edy and he has been very attentive and very cordial. He has made the trip pleasant. Our room is nice and comfortable. No complaints there. We are on the 10th level. The food has been less than stellar. The sweets are absolutely awful. It all is either flavorless or seems stable. The crescents should melt in your mouth. The pastries are just not even close to edible. I did enjoy my Guy Fieri cheeseburger however I am a cheeseburger fanatic so that may be why. Plus I was starving. We ate at our sit down place and time just once. The food took quite some time to come to the table and it was the same as they were serving in the buffet. Speaking of buffet, the line is ridiculous. I ordered a shore excursion and did not receive my tickets until after I left the ship. We kept checking our mailbox. Nothing. Went and requested duplicate tickets for a 9 am for a 10 am departure. When we returned to the ship we received the first tickets. What? We had asked Edy about them the night before. He assured us that they would be in our vox by morning. Nope. Much of the staff is unsmiling and crabby. I get why. But still, they need a little training in customer service. I have cruised only once before on a different line and it was like night and day in comparison. The smoke near the casino is just awful. I try to avoid that area at all costs. I type this review while still on board. I plan future cruises but carnival will not be my choice. This was just bleh and it should have been wowapalooza. Just my opinion. Thank you.

Just ok

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Foxyferchak

The smoke near the casino is just awful. I try to avoid that area at all costs.

Foxyferchak’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8F 1061
My cabin was clean and comfortable. The only noticeable item is that the curtains are hanging from the rod not hooked to it. Not a big deal but still a bit tacky.
Spa Deck Balcony Cabins