3. Carnival Victory
This was my 7th cruise but the first with Carnival. The experience was what I expected which was a good cruise trip. This was a "guys trip" weekend getaway so the price of the cruise is what drove us here. The boat was dated, but clean. We had a balcony room with was a smaller balcony that I've had on other ships, but did have two chairs and was an ok place to sit. Food lines were long at the buffet and most of the food was mediocre at best. Certainly the lowest quality of food I've had on a ship. That being said, the pizza station actually made a very good pizza to your specs. The seafood bar was nice (but an additional charge). The crew were all VERY nice and helpful. A massage at the spa was $129 for 50 minutes and was ok. They hit you hard about buying all their products when you're done which wasn't the most pleasant way to end the massage. 15% gratuity is added to every drink order and the cost of the "all you can drink package" is high in my opinion. Both occupants of the room have to buy the package and it is almost $0 per day per person. For our cruise, leaving Friday afternoon and returning Monday morning (7am) they wanted $395 for the drink package. (which limits you to 15 drinks a day) Beer was $8.00 a pop so you can figure out your breakeven point. It is a younger, less refined party clientele and for a guys weekend party trip was the perfect ship. I will choose other cruise lines when taking the wife on a nice vacation. Overall the majority of the Victory crew were very nice and helpful

First Carnival Cruise, was what I expected

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Doc737

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

Overall the majority of the Victory crew were very nice and helpful
Doc737’s Full Rating Summary