• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin: Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

My partner and myself had wanted to do the North Atlantic to Northern Europe but when this deal came along, we couldn't resist. Unfortunately my partner lost his passport on day of sailing and missed the departure. Big Hint here: First thing to do is to call Holland America and advise them. They will then try to help you get to next port and will do everything necessary to help you avoid large extra charges. My friend didn't do this and wound up with big expenses that a call to the cruise line would have been the much better way to go.

My review is based on my being in a corner Neptune suite with a wrap around balcony and dining almost completely in the Pinnacle Grill. While this suite balcony might be great on a Carribbean cruise, on the Atlantic Ocean, totally unnecessary. Plus the side balcony cuts into the cabin size and isn't as big as mid ship suites. Plus, being in the back, I had less visits to the Neptune Lounge and I missed that very much. Of course I had 2 brilliant room stewards. Raymond and Yoman. I like getting up early and having my room done first. No problem for these guys. Thank you very much guys.

Having the Lounge is a huge plus. You get the services of 2 fabulous concierges. Mine were Hazel and Anika. Thank you ladies for your great help with my friends' woes and for all you do for the passengers in the lounge. A wonderful place to rest and meet your fellow cruisers. Get a cappuccino or a bite to eat. Work on their computer and watch some TV.

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

Cabin SC

A little smaller than mid-ship Neptune suites but the wrap around balcony was super.

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Ft. Lauderdale is my home city and it couldn't be easier to get in and out of.

Madeira (Funchal)

I have been here many times and my many crossing and a nicer and easier city to get around would be hard to find

Malaga

We did a Taste of Malaga with a local group. Quite excellent

Lisbon

Found one of the best restaurant for a wonderful luncheon

Cartagena (Spain)

Great small town and only 2 or 3 things to see. Do it on your own.

Barcelona

Spent 2 days here at end of trip and was not on the 27day back to back.

5 Helpful Votes