3. Serenade of the Seas
My friend and I chose this cruise for it's destinations, having pretty much exhausted the Mediterranean (we live in the UK). We like the smaller ships, so that you can see people more than once! However, I think for another 10 day cruise I'd go for the next size up. We flew in to Fort Lauderdale the day before, staying locally overnight and going straight to the port for embarkation, so we didn't get to see around the area. Embarkation went very smoothly and, as we'd been on the Brilliance last year, we felt at home as they are identical, so we immediately knew our way around. Our outside cabin was great for 2 people, we just had to order more hangers for our clothes. For the first time we chose My Time dining, as last year we'd been assigned to a table for 8 and there were only four of us on it each evening. My Time worked out just great and we'd go for it again. As usual the food was of a great standard and plentiful; the waiting staff were attentive and the staff member at the desk to the dining room even remembered when it was my birthday. My friend and I love doing the quizzes on board, apart from enjoying them it's a great way to meet people. The theatre entertainment was excellent. We booked just one excursion from the ship in St. Martin, which was a little disappointing, but as it wasn't expensive it wasn't such a loss. (2 of our other excursions were booked online with local companies and at the other two ports we took shared taxis) My friend and I look forward to going to the Caribbean again, to other islands. The ship looks a bit tired in certain areas.

Another great RCCL cruise!

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by shk8450

My friend and I look forward to going to the Caribbean again, to other islands.

The ship looks a bit tired in certain areas.
shk8450’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

As mentioned above our outside cabin was great for the 2 of us; I wouldn't like to have more than 2 in one of these cabins. Our attendant was very good and all we needed were extra hangers for our clothes, plus extra towels occasionally.
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans

• Island Tour
    We found a taxi driver as we left the port area who offered a tour of the island at a reasonable enough cost per person. We shared this with two others we'd befriended on the ship. We were taken to the church built like the Sacre Coeur in Paris, to the rainforest, to see the volcano, to a waterfall and returned along the coast. The driver spoke great English, was very knowledgeable and friendly.
    View All 47 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island tour
    With clear instructions where to meet, we joined this tour for around 10 people. Our driver owned the company; she was very knowledgeable in her history of everywhere, which made this very interesting. We were given options of staying longer in places or going on to others and it all worked out perfectly.
    View All 266 Island tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    When I'd booked this tour online with the cruise company, it was a morning tour. On the evening prior to the tour we found out it had been moved to the afternoon, which altered our plans, but luckily it worked out ok. However, I found the tour and the island disappointing. Maybe I'd had an image of St. Martin in my mind, but the reality didn't live up to it. We were taking around Philipsburg to start, with the guide giving us the history of the town. Then on to the French side, where we drove through some unremarkable town. Here too there is rebuilding work following the hurricanes, but the island didn't seem to have much to offer. Once on the French side, we stopped in Marigot for only half an hour; we were dropped near the flea market. My friend and I wanted to get a drink and snack, but there wasn't enough time for that, just a brief visit to the market, then back on the bus. Driving back to the Dutch side of the island we were taken to an indoor carousel. Whilst this was fun and the gelato in the shop very good, I don't consider this sight-seeing. We then drove back to the ship. As I've previously mentioned, this trip wasn't expensive so I felt it wasn't a great loss, but it was disappointing.
    View All 365 Island Tour Reviews
  • St. John Tour
    This was a morning tour of the island, picking us up near the ship and giving us the choice of drop off in town or by the ship. We seemed to do a lot in the short time and it was enjoyable.
    View All 173 St. John Tour Reviews