3. MV Mahabaahu
This was my first ever cruise so I have nothing to compare it to, but I have travelled extensively in India and Asia so I know what geninue hospitality and welcome feels like and the crew on MV Mahabaahu delivered it in full. The ship itself is small compared to the large ocean cruisers or even those plying the European rivers, but it did make the cruise seem more intimate (there were only 16 guests on board for the 5 nights we were onboard). The excursions were well arranged and both fun and educational. The highlight of which has to be the elephant back, jeep and river safaris within the Kaziranga National Park - well worth the early morning start, and although we didn't spot any tigers, the elephants, buffalo, one horned rhino were in ample supply, with the occassional sighting of river dolphins throughout the trip. The food onboard was excellent with a great choice for breakfast and lunch, and a themed selection each evening (choice of Indian or continental and of vegetarian or non veg). After each shore excursion our shoes were collected, cleaned and returned to our rooms, whilst we enjoyed cold towels and delicious ginger drink. In fact for me it wss the little things that made the difference, such as being given bottled water, in a woven holder, when going ashore, or the fact the crew were prepared with umbrellas and plastic coats (which you wouldnt win any fashion parade but did the job) when the rain came in. There was plenty to do when cruising but mostly I watched the world go buy, enjoying Assam tea, and hoping that I might just glimpse that elusive tiger (the closest I eventually got was seeing tiger foot prints along one of the deserted river Islands we had moored to for a bonfire and evening drinks and nibbles. All in all a wonderful experience and can't wait to find an excuse to return.

Amazing cruise along the mighty Brahmaputra River

MV Mahabaahu Cruise Review by RevdMark

All in all a wonderful experience and can't wait to find an excuse to return.
RevdMark’s Full Rating Summary
Get MV Mahabaahu price drops

A comfortable and well appointed cabin that was compact but didn't feel cramped. Nice picture windows and very little noise from the wheelhouse next door (no night cruising was an advantage). Bathroom was clean and shower hot with good pressure.