3. Azamara Quest
Azamara offers the best itinerary to Cuba with three full days in Havana, one in Cienfuegos and a night and day in Santiago de Cuba. For a first visit, I felt that I learned quite a bit about this island nation. It has been eight years since I last cruised Azamara and I quickly remembered why I loved the two previous cruises: the ship's size, the wonderful crew and well-travelled passengers. Food was good in all venues (I did not eat in Aqualina nor Prime C). Bottled water is always available and provided when exiting at each port; the included drinks (wine and spirits) were of sufficient quality for me although the base beer selection was not good. If you are allergic to feathers and/or down (pillows and comforters), you can have your reservation flagged to have the bed linens replaced with hypoallergenic polyester. The cabin steward/assistant steward both advised me that they had changed out the feather/down bedding when I entered the cabin. I was very grateful. The bedding was very comfortable and I slept well. This was a wonderful cruise, although quite expensive as a solo traveler. Enjoyed the Tropicana and Club Parisian nightclub shows, as well as, cruising around in the classic cars....all this was touristy but great fun.

Intensive Cuba and a Return to Azamara

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by JHU

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Club Oceanview Stateroom

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Thank you JHU for the five-star review! We are so glad you've come back to Azamara after an 8-year absence. We hope to see more of you in the future!
JHU’s Full Rating Summary

Club Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin 05 4053
Storage was good; bed was very comfortable; good size window. This was one cabin in from the guest relations area and was very quiet. Well located to one of the elevator banks. I would book this cabin again (starboard side).
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cienfuegos
    The trip to Trinidad was 1.5 hours from the port town of Cienfuegos. The ride was very pleasant and I was surprised to see how mountainous Cuba is. Trinidad is not a touristy town and was very interesting to see life in a not big city. Visited an artiest's house, a pottery (nice goods). Walking the streets was difficult because the stones were very irregular. In Havana, the cobble stones (ship ballast) were very regular and easy to walk on. Had buffet lunch in the country with a small band playing.
    View All 43 Cienfuegos Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cienfuegos Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Was satisfactory. Tour buses are new and clean with restrooms. All guides were very good.
    View All 134 City Tour Reviews
  • Parisien Cabaret
    This is in the Hotel Nationale; a shame that people who had not been to the hotel during the day didn't get a chance to see the non-club space. The entertainment here was a bit more varied than the Tropicana and was enjoyable. The tables and chairs are VERY close together making it difficult to get up other than at the end of the show. Received a Mojito pre show.
    View All 9 Parisien Cabaret Reviews
  • Tropicana Cabaret
    This is an open-air venue and lots of fun. Every four people are provided with Coke/Diet Coke and a bottle of Havana Club rum. If the entire bottle is not consumed during the show, you may take back to the ship.
    View All 50 Tropicana Cabaret Reviews
  • Key West
    We docked at the military base and were provided a shuttle into town. This was well run and convenient. I took the trolley tour independently of the ship.
    View All 1,592 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
  • Miami
    Stayed two nights in an older airport hotel and purchased a one-way shuttle to the pier.
    View All 2,116 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Santiago de Cuba is the second largest city. Enjoyed the tour and had a great lunch (part of the tour) in a small restaurant. The food was served family style and was excellent.
    View All 20 City Tour Reviews